Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Backstreet Boys are Haunting Me...

Once upon a time I was an avid Backstreet Boys fan. I'm not ashamed. You know why I'm not ashamed? Because seeing my father strut around the house in one of my old BSB t-shirts has completely validated my former fanaticism. I can now say with the utmost certainty, that the sole reason I ever became a Backstreet Boys fan, was to experience that moment with my father some ten years later.

Ten years later and I still have BSB apparel? No. I threw the t-shirt away years ago, but unbeknownst to me, my father "rescued" it because it originally "cost $20 and throwing it away would be like throwing that $20 away. Who cares who's on the shirt as long as it fits." Nevermind that it's horribly faded, the image is cracked, or that it was my mom who paid for it and sanctioned its destruction.

To complete the ensemble, my father was wearing striped pajama bottoms but has since changed into stark white sweat pants. Oh and I can't forget to mention the socks with sandals. I prefer the white sweat pants. It makes Nick Carter's luscious blond hair pop that much more and it also matches the Boys' signatures on the back of the shirt.


And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, the shirt:



You know you wanna place your bids. Don't fight it.




3 comments:

Ian said...

Backstreets back! Hahahahahhahhaha

Anonymous said...

Your dad is unintentionally funny! What's amazing is that the shirt is still selling for $20.00.

Wilde Rochester said...

LMAO I didn't even realize the price. Wow. WTF?